Engagement, Research, and Policy Resources
Resources for savers
We provide resources and training to help individual pension savers better understand the investment system and their role within it, as well as the tools to reprogramme the status quo of the corporate world and investment system.
Our feature resource for savers
Mission: Pension Power
Our latest resources for savers
Pensions for the Next Generation: Communicating What Matters17 March 2018
Local Government Pension Funds – Divest From Carbon Campaign: A UNISON Guide10 January 2018
Our latest videos
Resources for investors
Our annual surveys rank big pension providers or asset managers on responsible investment. Our briefings and reports investigate how industry professionals can tackle key environmental, social, and governance problems through capital markets.
Our latest surveys & rankings
Insuring Disaster26 May 2021
Workforce Disclosure in 2020: Trends and Insights31 March 2021
Point of No Returns Part V – Leading Practice28 February 2021
Our latest investor briefings & reports
Tracking for Health: 2021 update19 July 2021
Paris-alignment methodologies for banks: reality or illusion?29 April 2021
Low wage and insecure work in the UK retail sector: An investor briefing and toolkit21 April 2021
Resources for policy-makers
We provide practical recommendations and guidance to policy-makers and regulators to promote responsible investment and a pension system that works in savers’ best interests in the UK and Europe.
Our latest policy briefings & resources
Joint briefing on a sustainable EU retail investment policy24 June 2021
- Requiring minimum sustainability competencies of financial “advisors”
- Aligning the interests of financial “advisors” with those of retail clients
- Disclosing sustainability information in a clear, standardised and accessible manner to non-expert retail investors
Laying the Track: The Race to Zero – The role of investors in addressing the just transition24 June 2021
Joint policy paper on sustainable corporate governance18 June 2021
- Approving forward-looking corporate strategies that fully integrate sustainability considerations
- Linking executive renumeration to the achievement of measurable sustainability targets
- Ensuring boards have expertise on companies’ sustainability risks and impacts
Our latest consultation submissions
BEIS consultation on audit and corporate governance12 July 2021
We make seven key recommendations to ensure the Government’s proposals on audit and corporate governance go further, including:
- The UK should match the ambition of the EU on corporate sustainability reporting
- A new resilience statement should be introduced and apply to all companies
- The FRC should introduce a new Public Interest Report and the Government should consider public interest reporting in its 2023 review
DWP consultation on “S” factors in pensions schemes17 June 2021
We call on the Government to require schemes to take action to ensure relevant “S” data initiatives are adequately funded, embed a social taxonomy in the UK regulatory framework and accelerate work around investor due diligence. We also comment on the Just Transition and recommend a joined-up approach to financial regulation with a “placed-based” focus in the real economy.
BEIS consultation on mandatory TCFD4 May 2021
We advocate for disclosure in line with TCFD’s 11 recommendations, mandatory scenario analysis and compulsory reporting of Scope 3 emissions, to take urgent action on climate risk.