Universities are a pillar of UK society – and huge investors in our economy. They face the challenge of maintaining stable endowment returns while also aligning those endowments with their institutional values.
To address this challenge, universities and higher education colleges have come together under the Responsible Investment Network – Universities (RINU). Through the Network they develop and share knowledge, build a community of practice, and work together to champion social and responsible investment. Members aim to align their investments with their values as institutions and thus achieve positive, cost effective change in the world by working collaboratively. ShareAction delivers this network, with support from Big Society Capital on social and impact investment and from SOS-UK on stakeholder engagement.
The Network supports universities to:
Achieve positive, cost effective change by working collaboratively and developing and sharing best practice.
Draw on bespoke research to develop skills and knowledge as social and responsible investors.
Engage asset managers, advisors, policymakers and investee companies on a broad range of environmental, social and governance issues.
Take part in consultations and workshops on social and responsible investment strategy for the wider university population.
- One-to-one support from the RINU secretariat on social and responsible investment.
- Peer learning and networking opportunities through our members platform.
- Detailed and digestible research on emerging responsible investment themes and about asset manager performance.
- Access to bespoke events and collaborative engagement opportunities which form an annual work plan.
- Tailored workshops and consultation for your students, staff and other stakeholders on responsible investment.
- University of Cambridge
- Durham University
- University of Edinburgh
- Imperial College London
- University of Leeds
- Jesus College, Cambridge
- St John’s College, Cambridge
- Trinity College, Cambridge
- St Anne’s College, Oxford
- Brasenose College, Oxford