Investor Decarbonisation Initiative
Harnessing investor power to accelerate corporate climate action.
Climate change poses serious risks to life as we know it. The evidence is clear: failing to decarbonise our global economy will see irreversible impacts for our natural world, and everything that calls it home – including us.
We have the tools to fix this crisis, but with companies responsible for a huge portion of global emissions we will not achieve this without corporate action. While some forward-looking businesses recognise the need to act, many companies are vastly unprepared. Others block action at every turn. Investors have a huge role to play in shaping both the pace and scale of this transition. The Investor Decarbonisation Initiative aims to bring together investors to accelerate corporate action on climate change in key battleground sectors. Building on previous success securing corporate commitments across the global economy, it's now focusing its efforts on high-carbon sectors, specifically transport and chemicals.
The Investor Decarbonisation Initiative helps investors:
Coalition members can amplify their influence over companies through collective engagements. These can push companies to set ambitious decarbonisation goals as well as hold them accountable to those targets.
Using detailed research and topical briefings, investors can learn about the credibility of different decarbonisation pathways, enabling them to better assess corporate transition plans.
Through company AGMs, letters and roundtables, investors can engage companies to ensure that decarbonisation remains at the top of their agenda.
- Aargauische Pensionskasse (APK)
- Achmea Investment Management
- Adrian Dominican Sisters Portfolio Advisory Board
- Aegon Asset Management
- Arabesque Asset Management
- Arvella Investments
- Ashden Trust
- ATISA Personalvorsorgestiftung der Tschümperlin-Unternehmungen
- Australian Ethical Investment
- Aviva Investors
- Bank J. Safra Sarasin
- Barrow Cadbury Trust
- Bernische Lehrerversicherungskasse
- Bernische Pensionskasse BPK
- Boston Common Asset Management
- BPL Pensioen
- Caisse de pensions de l’Etat de Vaud (CPEV)
- Caisse de pension des sociétés Hewlett-Packard en Suisse
- Caisse de pension du Comité international de la Croix-Rouge
- Caisse de pensions du personnel communal de Lausanne
- Caisse de pensions ECA-RP
- Caisse de Prévoyance de l’Etat de Genève (CPEG)
- Caisse de Prévoyance des Interprètes de Conférence (CPIC)
- Caisse de prevoyance du personnel de L’Etat de Fribourg
- Caisse de prévoyance du personnel de l’Etat du Valais (CPVAL)
- Caisse intercommunale de pensions (CIP)
- Caisse paritaire de prévoyance de l’industrie et de la construction (CPPIC)
- Candriam Investors Group
- CAP Prévoyance
- CCAP Caisse Cantonale d’Assurance Populaire