Good Work Coalition
Collective action to drive up standards in the workplace.
Income inequality and in-work poverty are a blight on society. Not only are economic opportunities being unfairly distributed but millions of workers are being left without the dignity or respect they deserve.
A fair day’s work deserves a fair day’s wage. This means a salary which covers someone’s basic needs and that of their families: a real Living Wage. What’s more, all workers should be offered basic rights and benefits: secure contracts, a predictable number of hours, union representation, pensions, holiday and sick pay. Covid-19 shone a light on the vulnerability of those with low-paid and insecure work. These workers were critical in managing the crisis, but they were also the hardest hit. It's more vital than ever that we invest in workforces – and there is growing evidence that companies that look after their employees will outperform those that don’t. Investors will be key to this, and our investor coalition aims to engage companies to push for better working practices.
The Good Work Coalition helps investors to:
By joining the coalition investors collectively engage companies to promote good work standards including the living wage, tackling insecure work and action on diversity and inclusion.
Using detailed research and topical briefings investors can increase their knowledge and understanding of workforce issues.
Through company AGMs, letters and roundtables, investors can engage companies and ensure they are working to improve the lives of workers no matter their contractual status.
- Ardevora Asset Management
- Aviva Investors
- Barrow Cadbury Trust
- Boston Common Asset Management
- Brunel Pension Partnership
- CCLA Investment Management
- Cardano Group
- Castlefield Investment Partners
- Central Finance Board of the Methodist Church
- Church of England Pensions Board
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- EOS at Federated Hermes
- EdenTree Investment Management
- Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- Friends Provident Foundation
- Global Systematic Investors
- Greenbank Investments
- Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Foundation
- HSBC Asset Management
- Impax Asset Management
- Jesuits in Britain
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Jupiter Asset Management
- Lankelly Chase Foundation
- Legal & General Investment Management
- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham Pension Fund
- London Borough of Islington Pension Fund
- London CIV