ShareAction today announces that Paul Dickinson has become its new chair.
Paul Dickinson, founder and executive chair of CDP, a not-for-profit charity that runs a global disclosure system for investors to manage their environmental impacts, has served on ShareAction’s board for four years and is taking up the position of chair with unanimous support of the board.
Paul’s experience of growing CDP globally is a strong match for ShareAction’s ambitious and dynamic plans, as the responsible investment charity looks to expand its work deeper into Europe and beyond.
Emma Howard Boyd, the charity’s outgoing chair, will continue to serve on ShareAction’s board.
Paul Dickinson, ShareAction’s new chair, says: “I’m excited to be taking up the reins as ShareAction’s chair at such a promising moment for the organisation and its mission. ShareAction’s track record is exceptional and its impact is increasingly felt across the world. I look forward to supporting this dynamic organisation to deliver even more.”
Emma Howard Boyd says: “It’s been a huge pleasure and honour to chair ShareAction through a period of substantial growth and achievement. In my three years, ShareAction has doubled in size, and launched, among other bold projects, the Workforce Disclosure Initiative, the world’s first investor-led disclosure initiative on workforce issues. ShareAction has also successfully taken over the reins of the Asset Owners Disclosure Project, a global ranking of investors on their responses to climate change.
“In the period I have been chair, ShareAction has helped to drive up standards of responsible investment across Europe, both through our powerful rankings and ratings of investors and through influencing public policy to make UK and EU institutional investors more accountable, transparent, and sustainable. I will continue to play a full role as a board member as ShareAction continues to push these standards in markets across the world.”
Catherine Howarth, chief executive of ShareAction, says: “ShareAction is privileged to have such exceptional leaders and experienced trustees on its board. I look forward to working with Paul as our chair in the period ahead, and am grateful for the fantastic support I have had from Emma. I’m delighted she is staying on our board to help us as we grow our global campaigns to unleash the positive potential in the mainstream investment system.”
To facilitate this growth, ShareAction is starting a search for two new trustees to join its board. Both positions will be advertised in the coming months but all interested candidates are encouraged, in the meantime, to direct enquiries to email@example.com.
Notes for editors:
• For more information, please contact Beau O’Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44203 475 7859
• For a full list of ShareAction’s staff and trustees, see here.
• Emma Howard Boyd joined the board of ShareAction in 2015 in the role of chair.
• Paul Dickinson joined the board of ShareAction in 2014.
• ShareAction’s vision is a world where ordinary savers and institutional investors work together to ensure our communities and environment are safe and sustainable for all. Our mission is to unleash the positive potential of the mainstream investment system. To do this: We’re building a movement for change in our investment system by working with people inside and outside the industry to challenge the status quo; We’re unlocking the positive potential of the investment system by working with large and small investors to change unsustainable corporate practices; We’re reforming the investment system by advocating for change in the policies, governance, and incentives that drive behaviours in the investment industry.