9 & 10 June 2016, Heinrich-Böll Foundation, Berlin – Register here
How can we overcome challenges to long-term, sustainable investment in Europe? How can the voice of civil society be strengthened in this process, and what role does policy have to play?
These issues will be the subject of debate at ShareAction’s multi-stakeholder conference, Responsible Investment in Europe. We will also mark the launch of the European Responsible Investment Network (ERIN), ShareAction’s new civil society network. The aims of the event are to:
- Identify, present and spread best practice in Responsible Investment in Europe, with a particular emphasis on low carbon solutions
- Explore how civil society, the investment industry and policy actors can work together to progress Responsible Investment and deepen collaboration
- Build public awareness around the important role that institutional investment plays in society
Confirmed speakers include:
- David Pitt-Watson, Chair, UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative & Executive Fellow, London Business School
- Claudia Kruse, Managing Director Sustainability & Corporate Governance, APG
- Catherine Howarth, Chief Executive, ShareAction
- Jeroen Hooijer, Head of Unit, Company Law, European Commission, Directorate General Justice and Consumers
- Heffa Schücking, CEO, urgewald
- Arild Hermstad, CEO, Framtiden i våre henders
- Jochen Wermuth, Founder and CIO, Wermuth Asset Management
- Hendrik Garz, Executive Director of Thematic Research, Sustainalytics
Who should attend and when?
Investment professionals: Harness the growing interest in Responsible Investment in Europe and deepen collaboration with civil society; find out about policy developments that are likely to impact institutional investment.
Policy-makers: Hear from practitioners about best practice in sustainable investment, as well as some of the challenges faced; learn about experiences of RI-related policies in different European countries.
Civil society organisations: Expand your skills in capital markets campaigning and work towards strengthening the voice of civil society in the investment system.
The first day is open to all; the 10 June is reserved for civil society organisations only that have an interest in becoming involved in ERIN.
For any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Friederike Hanisch, ShareAction’s European Outreach Officer, on firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is generously supported by Mava Foundation, KR Foundation and Heinrich Böll Foundation.